Work with us
There are no available vacancies at ICRI Cities at this time.
Opportunity at University College London (UCL)
The aim of the ICRI-Cities (www.cities.io) is to create and realize a compelling vision of a sustainable future made possible by adaptive technologies that optimize resource efficiency, enable new services and support the quality of life of urban inhabitants. UCL are looking for a student willing to pursue a doctoral degree in computer science around the following broad topics:
- How communities can encourage sustainable behaviours over time, for example, through meaningful visualizations and feedback about resource usage to individuals and groups.
- How technology can give us an opportunity to reinvent new ideas of place and identity, considering the diversification & proliferation of new types of communities in cities, with the aim to increase quality of living and lower the barriers for mobility in our future connected cities.
We particularly welcome candidates with experience in physical and ubiquitous computing (designing, building, implementing and evaluating interactive physical systems using sensor toolkits, middleware, tangibles, etc., that are embedded in the real world).
Candidates will be expected to work in teams comprising computer scientists, social scientists, and psychologists, so an open attitude towards interdisciplinary research and teamwork is important.
[added May 2013]
Opportunity at Imperial College London
We are currently looking to recruit a PhD Studentship in Security and Resilience of Cyber-Physical Systems. The PhD position will be at Imperial College London and will focus on the security and resilience challenges of wireless sensor networks for infrastructure monitoring.
Areas of interest include but are no limited to:
- Measuring the health of the network from within itself
- Establishing confidence in the correct and secure operation of sensors and actuators.
- Ensuring data quality, provenance and trustworthiness
- Leveraging physical phenomena for key distribution and key management
- Providing assurances of system operation in the presence of compromise