Work with us
Opportunity at University College London (UCL)
We are currently looking to employ a full time Researcher or Senior Researcher in Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction Design.
We are looking for someone who can lead, design and run large user studies in the wild. This involves using a diversity of physical protyping, design and social science techniques. The research will involve working on a number of projects and as part of a collaborative team of computing researchers from UCL, Imperial and Intel.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not restricted to the following:
- To contribute to the design of a range of user studies, both in the lab and in the wild.
- To be involved in a range of theoretical work and empirical activities.
- To set up and run empirical activities (to include data collection, user studies, data analysis, program building, etc) in consultation with the Principal Investigator, ensuring that experiments are appropriately supervised and supported. To record, analyse and write up the results of the studies in a timely fashion.
- To contribute to the planning and documentation of projects.
- To prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes.
- To represent the project at workshops and conferences.
- To contribute to the drafting and submitting of papers to appropriate peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- To contribute to the preparation and drafting of research bids and proposals.
- To contribute to the overall activities of the Intel research Institute and department as required.
- To build physical prototypes to be then evaluated in the wild.
For further details and to apply for this position, please visit the UCL Job website and search under reference 1385837
The deadline for applying is 7th January 2014